Mia-Platform Suite mentioned in 2023 Gartner® Essential Patterns for Data-, Event- and Application-Centric Integration and Composition Report
Milan, 10 April 2023 – Mia-Platform Suite has been mentioned in the Gartner report “Essential Patterns for Data-, Event- and Application-Centric Integration and Composition” by Steve Deng as one of the examples for Sample implementations of a Digital Integration Hub.
The report analyzes three integration styles (data-centric, event-centric and application-centric) to address common integration use cases:
- Data-centric integration — Focuses on maintaining strong data consistency, integrity and relationships across large datasets, so it typically works on large volumes of data. The endpoints of data-centric integration are databases, data stores and files.
- Event-centric integration — Focuses on delivering events, or streams of events, to the endpoints where you consume them. Events are unidirectional, traveling from sources to sinks. Different sources can publish to the same event type or topic, and many consumers (that is, sinks) can subscribe to those events without explicitly knowing who the publishers or the subscribers are. Event-centric integration may involve either the individual events or an unbounded stream of events as its payload. The endpoints of event-centric integration are sources or sinks of topics.
- Application-centric integration — This is about invoking and composing functionality rather than accessing data. Integration flows are usually stateless, unidirectional or bidirectional. Payloads are significantly smaller than data-centric integration and often involve a single business transaction, record, or process object at a time. The endpoints of application integration are APIs, applications and services.”
The full report is available for Gartner subscribers here.
Gartner, Essential Patterns for Data-, Event- and Application-Centric Integration and Composition, Steve Deng, 9 March 2023.
What is a Digital Integration Hub?
According to Gartner, “A digital integration hub (DIH) provides low-latency, high-throughput API-/event-based data access by aggregating and replicating multiple system-of-record sources into a data management layer that synchronizes with the systems of record via event-driven patterns. A DIH enables scalable, 24/7 data access; reduces workloads on the SORs; and improves business agility. Organizations can reap additional value by leveraging a DIH in analytics, data integration and composition scenarios”.*
Mia-Platform Suite has been mentioned as an example of a Digital Integration Hub- enabled API platform in the following Gartner reports:
- Hype Cycle for Application Architecture and Integration, 2022, Published 21 July 2022 by Andrew Comes, Wei Jin.
- How Software Engineering Leaders Can Overcome the 4 Key Packaged Business Application Challenges, Published 13 December 2022 by Massimo Pezzini, Kimihiko Iijima, Tad Travis, Duy Nguyen, Ranadip Chandra, Tim Faith, Keith Guttridge.
*Gartner, Hype Cycle™ for Application Architecture and Integration, 2022, Published 21 July 2022 by Andrew Comes, Wei Jin.
GARTNER is registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and HYPE CYCLE is a registered trademark of Gartner and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.